The Operation depicts a procedure from start to end. It demonstrates how much surgical care relies on teamwork, with the well-being of the patient at its centre.
The film shows the repair of an ankle fracture undertaken at Wirral University Teaching Hospital in 2022.
The surgical team is (in alphabetical order):
- Emma Bennett (Orthopaedic Specialty Lead)
- Hannah Cattrell (Senior Theatre Practitioner – circulator)
- Ross Clague (Assistant Practitioner – scrub)
- Thomas Harper (Clinical Support Worker)
- Gillian Jackson (Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon)
- Claire Jones (Clinical Support Worker)
- David Lee (Operating Department Practitioner Anaesthetics Lead)
- Alicia Lewis (Clinical Support Worker)
- Andy Lucy (Senior Radiographer)
- Andrew Prenter (Consultant Anaesthetist)
- Xenia Tonge (Orthopaedic Surgeon – Specialty Trainee)
- Melanie Williams (Orthopaedic Specialty Lead)